Monday, November 26, 2007

Tis the Season for Figuring Out Gifts

Every year I think we will have a better handle on the gift giving season and maybe, just maybe get a jump on it. But this year, like previous years, it just sort of snuck up on us and we are scrambling to figure out good ideas for the kids. Dakota and I searched through some toy catalogs last night and came up with a couple things that we think Kelton will really enjoy but we're struggling with Kaylen. She already had inherited all the stuff from Kelton when he was her age so it's not like we can say "A leapster! She would love a leapster!" because yes she would and she already has one.

We looked through the Step 2 catalog and I am completely amazed by how much stuff they sell....BIG stuff! Where on earth do people living in average sized homes even put that stuff? But they really do have some great things that she would probably love to have - like a child sized vanity complete with makeup mirrors, or the castle bed set. But really - does a 2 year old really need all that? No. Because both Dakota and I know that she would be just as happy with some books and a few smaller toys. Still - those catalogs are really fun to look through. :)

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Too bad you were out of town, I could have used some company on Black Friday. If you want some 2-3yr old girlie ideas, I saved all my wish lists for my nieces from the past years (yes, I AM a pack rat ... I admit it ... I'm considering PRR-pack rat rehab). Hope to see you soon! :-)

Monogram Queen said...

I feel your pain. Madison asked for a dora/diego adventure doodlepad, even asked the Big Guy for one and I had a hell of a time finding one but I did! Geez I didn't think that crap started until they were 7 or 8. Kaylen & Kelton will love whatever they get for Christmas. I am sure of it!

Anonymous said...

is she close to 3. Our little girl will be 3 in April but we went ahead and got her started on the American Girl Collection, Bitty Baby. It is for 3 and up. We made a registry on the site and told everyone we know that was going to get her something that is what we wanted to do, also informed them same idea for birthday that way we can just have her build on it, and she is big time into babies. Its Americangirl.com