Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Kindergarten Picture and Regular Life

Just look at my handsome little guy. When did he get so big????? *sigh*



In other news of the day.....I skipped my MOMS Club today in favor of hanging out at home, running a virus scan on my computer, making banana bread, doing a couple loads of laundry and watching Dora with my daughter. Time well spent, don't you think? :) After we picked Kelton up at school, we went to the library to pick up a book I had on hold. While there the kids just had to find books for themselves as well. The love going to the library and selecting books. We decided that we will get one book each every time we go instead of choosing five or more at a time. Stacks of library books stress me out - trying to keep track of them, keep them safe and get them all returned on time is a job all by itself. So the kids agreed to one book each with the understanding that we will go to the library every Saturday and they can choose a new book. I love that they love the library!! :)

The rest of the afternoon went by in a blur with a sudden braking action when I reached into a cabinet to find a game part for Kelton but instead of retrieving the part I managed to shove a splinter under the finger nail on my right index finger. And I shoved it under there but good! OUCH! It took almost an hour of digging with tweezers and a needle (and a couple tears because of the pain!) before I decided to just do what I had to do to get it out. I cut my nail waaaaaay short - into the quick and then cut a V in the area where the splinter was. Finally I was able to get that sucker out of there and trust me when I say the pain in my mangle finger *now* is so much less then when the splinter was lodged under my nail! All things considered, it was a good call on my part because there is no way I wanted to have to make a trip to a doctor. You can bet that next time I reach back into that cabinet (it's a very old piece of furniture that I inherited from my grandmother) I will be a lot more careful.

Other than that - it's been a very uneventful day. Tomorrow is a day off for Kelton (half day for all other grades) and I am really looking forward to it. Call me crazy but I enjoy having my kids with me and I love relaxed, no stress mornings. Just the thought if slowly drinking my cup of coffee, instead of slamming it back as fast as I can, makes me really, really happy. :)

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Cute picture of Kelton. He sure has grown since this summer. I think I can see his missing teeth in the picture too!

As for your finger - major OUCH!

Mimi said...

Just wait til Kelton's picture from one year to the next he looks soooo grown up...why can't we just keep them little????

Monogram Queen said...

He is so handsome and getting so big! Awww!!! Ouchie on the splinter. I hate-hate-hate splinters.
I am looking forward to it just being me and Maddie this week-end!

Courtney said...

I just happened to drop in from blogrush so I thought I'd leave a comment. I love the missing teeth in the picture and I hate splinters so good for you for finally getting it out, but I'm a big baby in that sense.

Shannon said...

Adorable picture. And ouch! Your spliter story made me squirm.

Lynilu said...

Oh! Ouch!! Just a couple days ago I shoved a large splinter deep into my palm. It took two days to get it all out, because I could stand only so much digging at a time. I'm not usually a sissy on these things, but this was so deep and came apart. Ugh. Not as painful as under the fingernail, I know, but I'm certainly empathizing with you!

And that Kelton ... oh, what a handsome boy he is! Once again, as I've said a dozen other times, your kids are simply adorable!

Perrin said...

I love the picture. You inspire me to savor the time at home with the kids. Have a great day off.

Anonymous said...

Kelton's picture is GREAT!

Okay, My son's KG picture was not so good. I was so mad. He wasn't looking at the camera and not even smiling. I was so hoping for a sweet smile and a handsom picture. Oh well, maybe next year.

Heidi

Audra said...

OUCH! Kelton looks so handsome and grown up!!!

Caroline said...

I know it sounds like I am repeating myself, but what a cute picture. He is getting soo big.

Hope your finger is feeling better. I always have to dig and dig until I get the splinter out. I just can't stand knowing it's under my skin possibly getting infected.

Sheri said...

Yes, we missed you at MC! I was hoping you were having a good lazy day (and no more sickness). But, OUCH! I am the "dr fixit" in our house--John can't stand medical anything! But, even I was cringing at your description. I hope finger is better today. Meanwhile, I love Kelson's toothless grin! What a great rememberance for his kindergarten days :-)

Froggymama said...

What a cutie-patootie. That smile is adorable.

Casey said...

Brenda: Yep - one tooth is gone (the new one poking through) is th ephoto and the other was was incredibly loose. Can you even believe how big he is getting??

Mimi: It's so true! I look back at last year (or the year before or the year before) and think to myself "He was so little! I thought he was such a big boy then!" And I really wish we could keep them little for a lot longer. :(

Patti: Enjoy your mommy and Maddie time! :)

The Stevens Family: Welcome! I'm so glad you found me. I hope you will visit often.

Shannon: Thanks - and I'm sorry. :)

Lynilu: Ouch! I hate splinters of all kinds and yours certainly sounds painful. YOWCH!!! And thanks - I think my kiddos are pretty cute, too. :)

Perrin: Did you enjoy your day with the kids? :)

Heidi: I'm so sorry! Can he have a "retake" done?? You know, I took Kelton to a studio for "official" photos right before school - that's an option too. I think Picture People has a special for a free 8x10 on their website. :)

Audra: Thanks!

Caroline: He really is getting big. *sigh* If you look back in the archives, he was only a new 3 year old when I started blogging. Where did the time go??

Sheri: School pictures are also so goofy but they are good memories. My mom stacked ours in a single frame so we could take a trip down memory lane any time we wanted just by taking the frame off the wall. I just might have to do the same for my two. :)

FroggyMama: Thanks!