Thursday, November 01, 2007

Buckets of Candy

Oh my. We have a lot of candy in this house. After I put the kids to bed tonight I dumped their buckets and sorted through everything. I tossed out all the hard, potentially teeth breaking candy and ate a few of my favorites. They still have way more than any two children need and the thing is; we didn't visit all that many houses. I would say less than 15 (a few houses right around us, Dakota's sister's block and Grandma and Grandpa) and yet - we have 3.5lbs (yes, pounds!) of candy. Wait - there would have been more. The kids were binging throughout the day, some last night, I threw out a bunch and eat a few. So let's say 4.25lbs of candy.

That is insane!! And the kids are loving every second of having their own "loot". The happiness it brings is unreal...and a bit frightening to the mommy. That's a lot of sugar highs just waiting to come my way.....and with them bouncing off the walls I am sure to send them outside to run it off. If I'm not careful with how I dispense all this sugar, I'm sure to have our neighbors calling their friendly realtor just to move away from the wacky people next door to hype their kids up on sugar and let them loose in the world. :)

Don't you wish you lived next door to me this week? :) :) :)

6 comments:

Brenda said...

LOL - :o)

Monogram Queen said...

I know from what you speak! LOL

Shannon said...

Ha ha - you'll just have to sneak some for yourself so they don't eat too much sugar! ;)

Cristin said...

Avery and Travis trade in their candy for a toy. would your kids be agreeable to that?

Sheri said...

I know what you mean. We made it to 8 houses (all neighbors) and came home with much more than 8 little items. Nick's learned the word "candy" but so far, hasn't liked much of it (suckers, m&m's, & fruit snacks--they're candy to him are the only ones he likes so far).

Laura said...

I'm right there with you. Brendan's bucket got filled up so quickly we skipped alot of houses and just headed home. I let him have what he wanted on Halloween but I'm doling out the rest now.