Thursday, November 08, 2007

What Is Your Parenting Style?

A friend in my MOMS Club found this quiz online about parenting styles. There
are only 4 questions/scenarios and you pick which one of the 2 descriptions for each most sounds like you. The quiz is loosely based on the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator:

So, what's your parenting style?

I had a difficult time choosing between some of the questions because I could see so much of myself in both options. I think the final outcome is pretty accurate though.

Mine is:

Your type is: isfj —The “Tender Loving Care” Mother

“I want my children to feel they have an ally, someone who knows them completely. I want to be a haven for them.”

Gentle and kind, the ISFJ mother provides her children with generous amounts of tenderness, affection, and the comfort of daily routine. Her aim is to “be there” for her children, physically and emotionally. She is sensitive to their feelings, offering closeness, understanding, and quiet support.

Loyal and devoted, the ISFJ mother has a strong sense of duty and consistently puts her children’s needs first. She delights in taking care of the little things that matter to a child, making each one feel loved and special.

To provide her family with security and warmth, the ISFJ mother tends to the practical and domestic, aiming for a smooth-running household and an attractive home. She also observes and conveys the value and importance of family traditions.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO you. Or at least from what I can tell about you over a blog!

I am the "How to mom". The organized one who everyone wants to car pool with. I am always on time and love lists and plans.

Hhhmmm.. not sure if that is totally me. It's makes me sound cold and heartless. I know I am the on time one and I do love order in the home. But I am not that organized or great with plans. I like yours better!!

Heidi

Mimi said...

I'm the happy together mother.....
I like it when my children are happy on their own, but i love it when the whole family is happy together.”

This is so me....hummmmm

Dakota said...

Here's mine:
entp —The “Independence” Mother

I will post full description on my blog :)

In the full Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator you are an ISFJ and I am an INTP. I guess I just don't get into the introverted aspect as much when it comes to the kids, but that is probably because I have so much alone time throughout most of my days. Interesting!

Dakota said...

PS. We make a good balance - pretty much opposide sides of the spectrum. We've got all the bases covered!

Casey said...

Heidi: Something tells me you are a GREAT mom!!

Mimi: That one sounds perfect!

Dakota: The Ying to my Yang. That is what you are. :)

Monogram Queen said...

I am the intuitive learning Mother. Ooh I don't think i like that it makes me sound cold and clinical!

Laura said...

I was also the How-To Mother, and I don't think that's me. Interesting.