Monday, November 12, 2007

Please send thoughts....

My sister called this morning and started the conversation with "Has James called you?" Not a good way to start a conversation - it never fails to drop kick my gut. This call was no exception. Apparently my niece's husband collapsed last night and is now in the ICU, intubated and fighting for his life. His fever was 105 which they reduced to 99 with ice blankets but then even with the blankets it rebounded to 101. It is not looking good at this point.

They have two young kids, 6 and 2 years. He is in his early 30's and no one has a clue what is wrong with him. They are doing a CT Scan to see if they can find anything specific. His blood sugar is through the roof though they say that couldn't be the cause of what they are seeing. Maybe a symptom of something? His blood pressure is practically non-existent.

I'm almost 4 hours away from them and feel so incredibly helpless. The kids and I may pack up and travel up to help care for their kids - I'm waiting to hear back from my sister. She is trying to get a couple hours of rest before heading back to the hospital and will call with an update when there is one.

If you could send good thoughts and/or prayers, etc. up to them, I would really appreciate it. It is feeling like a miracle is going to be needed.

7 comments:

Audra said...

I will definitely send many, many good thoughts their way.

Unknown said...

You can bet he'll be in my prayers today and until he's better!

Perrin said...

That's frightening. I am so sorry Casey. I send my thoughts for his recovery.

Sheri said...

I popped by to see if there was an update. I'm so sorry you've had so many challenges this year. My prayers are with all of you. I'm here for whatever you need. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

We've been out of town this weekend. Just got home. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Please update when you here something. HUGS
Lynn and Diana

Monogram Queen said...

Sending as many good healing vibes as I can muster up. I am so sorry to hear this Casey. Your family has been through enough this year.

Froggymama said...

Oh no Casey. How frightening! We are praying hard, sending positive thoughts of hope and wisdom - that the doctors may find the answers. BIG BIG HUGS!