Monday, November 12, 2007

7:00 PM Update

Late this afternoon Brandon had angioplasty done to check for blockages/damage. Nothing was found and so the hunt to find a cause continues. The good news there is that they felt he was strong enough (and clearly was) to undergo the procedure. His blood pressure went up a bit but then quickly fell back to 70(ish) over 30(ish). They have not yet done the CT scan - something about not stable enough to go into a tube....I don't know. I just know they haven't done it.

My sister is wondering if he might have an infection that has affected/attacked his pancreas which would account for the high blood sugar. At this point - it's anyones guess.

I've gotten mixed reports about his white/red cell count but I believe both are very high.

The other good part in all this is that he made it through the past 20 hours since this all started. That's no small accomplishment. Every hour that passes is another hour that they have to figure it out and another hour that his body has for fighting.

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. It means a lot. Keep them going, will you.

FroggyMama: I don't really know about the meningitis though I would expect they have ruled that out. But again, I don't really know. I've gotten half of the info from my sister (mother-in-law to Brandon) and half from my brother who is relaying from my sister.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. How scary! I hope they can figure out what's going on. You're right, it's great that he's made it this long and was strong enough for the procedures they've done so far. I'll be sending positive thoughts and hoping this has a happy ending.

Lynilu said...

I am really sorry to hear about this. It is frightening for something like this to happen, especially to a young person. Makes us all feel vulnerable. he obviously has some great strength and is fighting it. Good for him.

I'll be keeping your nephew and niece in my heart, as well as the rest of your family, and I'm sending all the positive energy I can in your direction. Hugs for strength.

Monogram Queen said...

Wow I am just relieved to hear he has taken a turn for the better.