Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Finally - An Update

I talked with my sister just a bit ago and the news is encouraging. They have started the wean him from the respirator though it will probably take 4 days to completely get him off of it. He is on dialysis and apparently has been since yesterday. He has had a blood transfusion. The white count is starting to slowly come down which is good news.

His vitals are more stable with blood pressure being around 110/80.

The did rule out meningitis yesterday.

They still have no idea of the cause but today they are more focused on figuring it out as opposed to just trying to keep him alive (as they were yesterday).

All good things. So keep those thoughts and prayers coming and I will update again when I learn new things.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Glad to hear that things are improving! That must've been so scary for everyone! :( I was going to guess meningitis too. Apparently there's a new strain for kids here and that scares me!!!

Caroline said...

Glad to hear that he is getting better. How scary for your family. Will continue to send lots of prayers and good thoughts.

yankeegirl said...

Wow Casey! I hadn't read in a few days so I missed the excitement. I'm glad Brandon has taken a turn for the better. Sending prayers for him and all of you.((hugs))

Sheri said...

That's good news to hear he's improving. I hope they find what triggered all this. My guess is some type of bacterial infection since he had the high fever & white blood cell count. But, with the low blood pressure, it sounds like he was in septic shock which can happen when there's another illness -- high blood sugar = maybe undiagnosed diabetes? I hope they find an easy answer that leads to a quick recovery. Lots of prayers for all!

Casey said...

Stacey: That would scare me, too. Seems like there are new things popping up all the time. :(

Caroline: Thanks.

Yankeegirl: Thank you!

Sheri: I like your guess. It sounds quite possible. Diabetes is indeed coming into play it seems.

Lynilu said...

That is very good news! Things like that are terribly frightening. I hope they are able to give a *real* diagnosis before it is all over. Otherwise, everyone is walking on eggshells for some time, if not forever. I'll continue with wellness thoughts for him and peace pleas for the rest of the family. Hugs around.