Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's That Time of Year

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is *next* week? I know. Me either. I'm starting to panic a bit about all there is to do. I haven't even begun to shop for the kids Christmas gifts and to go one step further, I have no earthly idea of what to get them. I look at that as a blessing, really. It means we have everything we really need and most of what we want. At least, from my perspective. Kelton is going gang-busters on his Wish List.

It's also time to start thinking of Holiday Cards, too. Before kids, I would spend Thanksgiving weekend writing my cards and getting them in the mail. Since kids - well...I aim for early December. This year I'm not at all motivated to write my annual Christmas letters so it looks like just a photo card for everyone. I think this year I am going to go through Vista Print for my cards. I've gone through a couple different places in years gone by but this year I have used Vista for a few things and I've been really happy with the outcome. If you haven't been over to their site, go. They have a whole section of free stuff - all you have to do is pay for shipping and the quality is so great that, like me, you will look to them for more of your needs.

I just popped over there a few minutes ago and I noticed they are having a half off sale on their Christmas cards. I am loving the photo collage cards where you can upload up to six of your favorite photos and have them printed on cards and get this - you can get ten cards for $6.49 which is great!! I usually go for the single family photo on a flat photo card (you know the kind, right?) but this year I am really leaning towards something different and the six photo collage just might be the ticket.

Of course I'll still have to get that one good family photo to put on it which is never easy when you are using the timer though it does make for some pretty funny shots. Oh hey - maybe that's the way to go....one good family shot and then 5 of the "getting to the good one". That would be pretty funny! :)

I love being able to make my own cards online. Sometimes I use their pre-designed templates and sometimes I create my own and upload it. And Christmas is not the only time I make cards - I also make photo cards for invitations to the kids birthday parties. It's fun and they always make great keepsakes.

I guess through all my ramblings here I'm trying to say if you have plans to create photo Christmas cards this year - check out Vista Print. Take it from me, a faithful customer (and I'm so not kidding on that one!) you won't be sorry.

No comments: