Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday Update

This is the latest from my sister regarding Brandon:


Cat scan this morning of the heart and abdomen showed nothing major....

The heart is stressed due to everything up to now so they are keeping him on heart medicine to keep bp up and heart rate stable. Moving him for the scan caused definite stress in those areas.

Dr has decided to just let things sit for 2 days and not deal with respirator or reducing sedation until then to try to give everything a rest.

Dr is leaning towards sudden onset diabetes but there still could have been an underlying infection.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious - diabetes! Gosh that is scary to think it can hit like that!

I am still praying overhere and hoping that we get an answer and that he is completely out of the woods soon.

(((hugs)))

Melanie said...

I've been thinking about you Casey. Hoping for a very positive outcome, and VERY soon.
(((hugs))) from over here too!!

Sheri said...

Hugs, hugs, and more HUGS! And, lots of prayers for all.

Monogram Queen said...

Wow I never heard of diabetes affecting someone like that. SCARY. Y'all continue to be in my prayers!

Froggymama said...

Geez Louise, as Froggy would say! It really feels like he'll get through this! I sure hope so. We'll keep the good thoughts and prayers coming.

Anonymous said...

How scary!! Something similar happened to my brother, but he was a teenager and it was Type 1 Diabetes. Still, it's amazing how our bodies just shut down sometimes as a way of telling us something's wrong. I'll keep praying (been lurking too long so I thought I'd pop out and say something!)

Unknown said...

I'm just so grateful the prayers helped, and that even though a final decision hasn't been made as to what's wrong, that at least he's not teetering on the edge anymore. Thinking of you!