Thursday, November 15, 2007

Oh The Heartbreak

Last night Kelton was acting up and out of control so I sent him to his room for 5 minutes. You would have thought I was sending him to Alcatraz for the rest of his life - oh the drama! I get that we were all tired but still - waaaay over the top. He kept yelling through his crying "Mommy? Do you still love me??" I would holler back "Yes but I'm not crazy about your behavior right now."

When he finally gained control and was back in the swing of life, all was good though he did ask me a couple of times if I still loved him. I explained how I will always, always love him but I don't always love or even like his behavior. Soon enough, life was back to usual.

A bit later I had to go into his room to put something away and I found that he had pulled out the book titled "You Are My Miracle" which is a very sweet book that I read to him. I returned to the living room to ask why he had taken the book out of the bookshelf and he said "Because I didn't think you loved me anymore and I wanted to remember when you did."

That boy knows how to break this mom's heart. *sigh*

Yes son - you really ARE my miracle and I will love you until the end of time.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! I would have been in tears! What a sweet little boy! They really know how to get ya, dont they!?! Jeri

Mimi said...

OMG talk about ripping your HEART out!!!! I love this age....so sweet....then the teenage years....and I had GOOD teenage years....if we could only deep freeze them from 13 to 23....lol...

Sheri said...

Oh, that got to me too ... I'm a bit misty. But I think it's because mine was in "behavior extreme" this morning, which included a time out (and one for mommy too). I am not familiar with the book, but I think I'm going to go check it out. It might be good for both me & my little miracle boy. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

OMG dont they know how to get to the moms heart....so cute. Have you ever read the book I'll Love You Forever by Robert Munsch? Its definately a tear jerker. Last year on Mothers Day instead of having a sermon, one of the mothers read the book in church....omg, not a dry eye in the house. This book is a must in all my grandchildren's libraries.

You have to love how their little minds work. And its just beginning.

Ruth from Ottawa Canada

Casey said...

Jeri: They really do.

Mimi:This is a really good age!

Sheri: It's a sweet book - very simple. The first page really sums up life with Kelton. It says "I am your parent; you are my child. I am your quiet place; You are my wild!" :) Every night I say "Good night my miracle." and he says "Good night my miracle." right back. Love that!!!

Ruth: We have that book! Kelton had me read it for about a week straight and I cried every time. I should look for it in his room and read it again. Thanks for the reminder.

Monogram Queen said...

Girl he is something else. I am constantly amazed by the things that child says/does and I know you don't post all of it! :)

SassyFemme said...

Oh my goodness! I would have cried right on the spot.