Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Secret Sister Rocks!


As I have in years past, I signed up for the Secret Sister game with my MOMS Club. Basically, you fill out a form with your likes and dislikes and everyone who wants to play gets matched up with someone. It may be someone you know, it may not be but the person you have has no idea you have them. That's why they call it *secret* sister. :)

Anyway, this year I have been matched up to a rockin' amazing secret sister! This is week two (of five) and so far I received a card (sent two weeks before the start of the game just to say she was thinking of me), yummy chocolate chip cookies (of which I ate only four. The kids pirated the rest before I hardly knew what was happening! Darn kids.), a Starbucks gift card (which I all too happily used this morning) and a glass frog which, as the story on his card goes, will bring joy and luck. It must be working because I feel *very* lucky!

I can only hope that the person I am giving gifts to is having as much fun as I am. I'd share with you what I've done for her but I have no idea if she reads this or not - so I can't. Sorry! :)

7 comments:

Brenda said...

It sounds like your SS is putting a lot of thought and time into her gifts too you. Do you have any idea who she is?

Casey said...

Brenda: I don't know though they sent out a message to everyone playing tonight so I have a short list to choose from. I'm trying hard not to put too much thought into it though. It would take the magic out of it. I am just loving being spoiled a bit and I can't wait to see what happens next. :)

Lynilu said...

Ohhhhhh. I covet that frog!!! It is so cute, and I'm a frog fan!!!

Sheri said...

I'm so glad that you are enjoying your SS gifts. I can't say whether I know who you SS is/isn't or whether I am/am not. I'm just HAPPY that you're getting spoiled.

Unknown said...

I loved playing Secret Sis last year. It was definately fun! Glad to hear you have a good sis, who is thinking hard about you and what you like! You deserve a lot of spoiling :) Jeri

Monogram Queen said...

We used to have Secret Pal's at work and sometimes I was just blessed with the most awesome ones. You are lucky and i'm sure whoever you have is equally lucky. Enjoy!

Melanie said...

Isn't SS fun?! Mine is GREAT too - it feels so good to be spoiled, and I'm glad she's spoiling you!