Monday, April 14, 2008

In Six Short Years.....

...my baby has gone from this:





To this:



My darling Kelton...you are the light of my life and you never, ever fail to make me laugh. Your smile is one the most amazing things I have ever been blessed to see and when you wrap your little arms around me I feel such a sense of joy and peace. You are part of my soul and no matter where your life takes you, you will always be linked to me in a way that is indescribable. I will never ever forget the moment you were born or the way Mama looked as she held you in her arms for the first time. I watched her give you your first bath and I listened to her whisper words of love as she cradled you in her arms that first night. You were much dreamed of, so wanted and are loved beyond measure.

You are the world to your mom and I and we can't imagine this planet without you on it and, while we can't believe you are six (!), we are so proud of the person you are growing to be.

We love you with every fiber in our bodies.

Happy Birthday, Kelton - our beautiful, amazing and wonderful son!

19 comments:

Dakota said...

That is so very sweet - and so very true!

Julie said...

What you wrote was so sweet! Happy Birthday to Kelton!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelton! You have two wonderful moms and such a happy life.

Heidi

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday! You almost made me cry. So sweet and with such love.

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Kelton!!! What a very sweet post and you are right...I can't believe how grown up he is.

Keri said...

What a beautiful boy!
Happy, happy 6th Birthday, Kelton!

Brenda said...

So very sweet. Happy Birthday Kelton! :o)

Tina said...

You made me cry!

Happy Birthday Kelton!

Shannon said...

That brought tears to my eyes. Happy 6th birthday, Kelton!

Anonymous said...

Awww, happy birthday kelton!

Sheri said...

What a beautiful posting!
Happy 6th Birthday, Kelton!!!

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy and a Happy Belated Anniversary to both of you!

Lynilu said...

What a sweet and tender post. :')

Happy Birthday, Kelton!

PT-LawMom said...

Happy birthday, Kelton. He was an adorable baby and I think he's even cuter today. :)

gabrielle said...

happy birthday kelton and happy birthing day to you, these kids are growing up way too fast

Stacey said...

Happy birthday, Kelton!

Stacey said...

Happy birthday, Kelton!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww Happy (belated) Birthday sweet boy!

Melanie said...

That made me cry too! A very beautiful ode to a sweet, adorable birthday boy. :)