Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kelton's Day at Work

Oh my. The child had an amazing day and went to bed sobbing about how much he misses all his new friends at work and why oh why can't he go back tomorrow and work again? I know he was just way over tired from his day but still - his tears were very, very real and my heart broke a little for him. He really did have a spectacular day and I've had to promise him that we can go visit everyone again once school is out for the summer. He tried to get me to commit to paying for 4 hours of parking on the day we go. I didn't promise, of course, but it sure was cute. :)

Dakota made him a binder in which to keep all his work and it included a checklist of all this things he accomplished. Pretty impressive, if you ask me. He helped log into her computer, made coffee (now there is a skill I could put to use!), checked email, created a contract with mom as to how his day would go and what he was responsible for, faxed the contract to an authorized sign off, received signed off contract back (Dakota is a Contracts Coordinator so contracts are her job), filed the contract, met with Dakota's supervisor, called someone using the speaker phone, checked on a contracts status (a real one), rode the Aerial Tram, had a coffee break, drew pictures, worked on his binder, went with mom to pick up lunch and had lunch with co-workers.

Are you tired yet? Imagine how exhausted he is tonight! :) He was at Dakota's office from 6:30am to 2:30pm. That's quite a day for a little guy.

Here are pictures of his day:

Arriving at work.

Making a picture that he would later photocopy.

Adding his checklist to his binder.

Working on a project given to him by Dakota's supervisor.

Walking to the tram.

Talking with me on the phone while walking to the tram.

Waiting for the tram.

On the tram.

Having a coffee break with Chris (who signed off on his contract and who has watched Kelton grow up).

Kaylen and I drove up to have lunch with everyone and then brought Kelton home but first, after lunch, Kaylen let it be known that she too wanted to ride the tram. So, off we went. Now mind you, height and I don't mix well so this was huge for me. Kelton helped me my holding my hand and telling me when the tram would swing and what else I could expect. Quite the role reversal!

Watching the tram we rode down the hill leaving the station to go back up. We caught the next one.


There it goes!

Is it any wonder he wants to go back again tomorrow? :)

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh, it looks like he had the best day. I love the pic of you and Kelton as you are watching the tram.

I love all that Dakota did for him to make sure the day was perfect. Your family is soooooo damn cute.

Sheri said...

Can I join your family??? Seriously. I never got to go to a "bring your kid to work" day. I love how Dakota has all the family pics in her cube. I was amazed at how serious Kelton was ... until the walk to the tram (priceless!). I'm soooo glad it was a great day for everyone.

Monogram Queen said...

Awww so sweet he wants to go to work! Today is our day at Crying Cow but the kids have to be at least 6 or 8 I forget which.

Audra said...

What a fun day! That tram thing looks scary!!

Kristen said...

Dakota rides a tram to work? That sounds like fun! Glad he had a good day. Does he get a paycheck?

And put those coffee making skills to work at home!!!

Tanya said...

How sweet! Makes me think how bored J would be if he came to work with me. Now if he went with R it might be another story as he could help dad fix stuff.

Froggymama said...

He'll remember this day forever. Love the photos.

Brenda said...

That tram looks SCARY! You are a brave mom to ride that thing!! :o)

It sure looks like Kelton enjoyed his day at work with Dakota!

Shannon said...

I LOVE the picture of him walking and talking on the cell phone! He really looks like he's part of the working world in that one!

SassyFemme said...

What a lucky little boy!