Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Routers, Anyone?

I was out and about on the great World Wide Web looking for information on routers. Mostly, I wanted to know why they sometimes go bad and why other times they just feel like making life difficult. The last router we had suddenly decided it didn't feel like letting us access sites we'd gone to a zillion times before. After hours and hours of troubleshooting, the tech guy suggested unplugging it from the system to see if that made a difference (I blogged about this last summer....talk about a frustrating day!). It did so we went router-less for about 6 months.

Then we finally bought a new one...which worked great until we bought the new computer in December. Suddenly we were having issues with just about everything but clueless me didn't connect that it was because I failed to install the driver and whatnot for router to work on the new computer (and had no idea where I had put the disk to do such a thing). Thankfully, my computer smart brother came to visit in February (yes, we put up with it for that long) and immediately discovered the problem and had it fixed in no time.

With all his knowledge on routers, I wouldn't be surprised if he owned a used cisco router! (Check out those puppies - they are GINORMOUS!)

Through all this rambling I guess I am saying.....

hmmmm....I have no idea. I guess I'm just saying. :) Maybe this is just me over-sharing my stupidity when it comes to technology. :)

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

I have no idea because I prefer a desktop to a laptop even when I used my laptop I plugged it in. I'm weird LOL