Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Baby Love



Wouldn't she make a sweet big sister? No - it's definitely not in the cards but Kaylen really is quite smitten with babies. This is Tennyson and he is the 8 week old son of my friend, Shawna. Kaylen could not wait to hold the baby. On the drive over to Shawna's house all Kaylen could talk about was "Can I hold the baby, please?" "Mom, can Kelton hold the baby after I do?" Chatter chatter chatter about holding the baby. When it was finally time for her to hold him (he had been sleeping most of the time) she was completely over the moon. It was so cute to watch her with him. And then - about 3 minutes into it, she was done. "Here Mom. Take it now. I done."

So, so cute!!

9 comments:

Audra said...

how precious!

Caroline said...

So sweet. Are you sure you and Dakota don't want another baby?? If it makes any difference I know a lot of your blog readers would love if you guys added to your family. :)

Casey said...

Audra: :)

Caroline: Oh hon - it makes no difference. *grin* I am way too old to have another baby AND we are topped out with two. It's a good number for us - we make a perfect little family just the way we are. But you know, even I were younger I don't think I would want another. What I *do* want is to go back and relive the past years over again so I can have my kids as babies again. Yes - that is what I would really love. :)

Jen said...

So cute!!!

Lynilu said...

Awwww. So sweet! For her age, 3 min was a pretty good time to sit still! And did Kelton hold the baby?

Casey said...

Fern: I know, right? :)

Lynilu: Nope - Kelton had zero interest in a baby. I think he had his fill when Kaylen was an infant. :)

Monogram Queen said...

I love "here Mom take it now, I done". Funny little girl!

Madison is OBSESSED with babies. She asked Santa Claus for a baby brother but now she's changed her mind once the reality hit that she would have to *gasp* share Mommy & Daddy. Now she's content to stalk infants in T*arget!

Sheri said...

They are too sweet sitting there on the couch together! They've BOTH grown up so much.

Froggymama said...

Hilarious! And sooooo cute.