Thursday, April 03, 2008

Nothing Blog Worthy

*sigh* I've got nothing. I feel obligated to write *something* though since I didn't blog last night. Last night I spent my two hours between the kids going to bed and my needing to get off the computer working on a surprise for someone (*cough* Dakota *cough*). I'd tell you about it but that would ruin the surprise that I've been working so hard to complete. I can't even say for sure that I will have it completed in time but I'm trying. It is turning out to be much more complex and time consuming that I had originally thought. Still - if I finish it...I mean WHEN...it's going to be rockin' good. I hope.

*long long pause here*

Yeah. I've got nothing. Nada. Zilch. Less than.

How's this for dramatic trivia? I've had a song in my head all day that I guess pretty much sums up my state of mind today. Remember the show "What About Brian?" that was on last year? For long time blog readers, you may remember that I love, love, love the theme song by Low Stars titled "Calling All Friends". Yep - that's the song in my head today......

Calling all friends and people I met on the way down
Calling all friends and people I don't even know
I'm calling on high, I gotta believe there's a way now
I'm too tired to pretend, I don't wanna be alone
I'm calling all friends.

Some days are like that - even in Australia. (Can you name the book I just quoted? :) )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Hope things pick up. You know my number if you need it.

Sheri said...

"You just call out my name
And you know, wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer, or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there; you've got a friend."
~ James Taylor (and, me too!)

Mimi said...

Is it Dakota's birthday? OMG I can't wait until I hear what the surprise is.....

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know about having nuthin' to blog about dearie! I love Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day! My favorite kids book hands down!