Thursday, April 10, 2008

Knock on Wood

Well now....that was fun. Apparently it was a 24 hour bug Kelton had because by 10 this morning he was doing well and I was wondering why I had kept him home. I knew why, of course. A child should be illness free for 24 hours before being sprung back on the world but wow. He was feeling pretty good. Still tired out easily but overall.....really good.

So now I hold my breath and hope like heck Kaylen and/or I don't get it. I'm more worried for Kaylen than I am for myself. She assured me tonight that she was ok but she didn't eat very well at dinner so I'm on hyper alert. Just let us all get through tonight without anyone getting sick. Please.

I have so much to do tomorrow. I have to clean the house from top to bottom for Kelton's birthday party. Saturday is supposed to be a beautiful day, which I'm thrilled about, but it does mean that the amazing sunshine will highlight every place that harbors dust. I confess...I only dust when I have people coming over. Otherwise, I just don't see the point. Tonight I actually cleaned out the ashes in the fireplace from our Christmas vacation fires. Nothing like putting that off for as long as possible but hey - it's done. Kudos for me. :) I even replaced the air filter for the heat pump. See? I'm not a total slacker. :)

Oh right - you all wanted to know what I made for Dakota for her anniversary gift. I would upload it here but I'm afraid it will take way too long. I made her a DVD of the 14 years we've been together which meant I spent day and days going through photo albums and scanning in photos of our life together. We didn't go digital until 2005 so that was TON of work. Then I put it all together in a slide show, added music and burned it to a DVD. It turned out really well (except for those two typos I made which I will be going back to correct and then burn a corrected DVD). It's about 20 minutes long and I know it is something we will love having throughout the years. Favorite photos all in one place, gotta love that.

Dakota has made a couple DVD's for me over the years and they are so incredibly special to me so I just had a feeling she would love her gift. And I was right. :)


For her part, she hunted high and low and found me a clock for mounting on the back of the house. I don't wear a watch and, as a result, I spend a lot of time asking "What time is it?" when we are in the yard. I've been wanting a clock for years but never found the right one. Dakota found it! It's so great and I can't wait to get it installed. Isn't it cool looking? To be honest, as cool as the picture is, it's even better in real life. :) Thanks, honey!

Hmmm...I think that's it for tonight. If you are so inclined, please keep good thoughts for healthy children and a good nights sleep for all of us - thanks!

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Love the clock...I also DON'T wear a watch...we have an enclosed patio and I have a clock on the patio not half as nice as yours....I also HATE to dust....hell you dust today and its dusty tomorrow.....

Monogram Queen said...

How sweet of you! I need to convert our wedding video to DVD ASAP!

Dakota said...

My DVD gift is wonderful and I love it! Casey did a fantastic job. So much work!!

Thank you, Honey!

Love,
Me

Lynilu said...

What a cool gift for Dakota! I like gifts like that, very special, personal, and precious. And I like the clock! Great gift! You both did well, didn't you?

OK, now, GET TO WORK!!! CLEAN THAT HOUSE!! :D

Julie said...

I love the idea of the gift you made. That's so special. That clock is really cool too. I never thought of putting a clock outside!

Melanie said...

I'm glad to hear Kelton's bug didn't last more than a day. Crossing my fingers that no one else in your family gets it! :)

Stacey said...

those are really thoughtful gifts. :)

glad he's feeling better and hope that no one else gets it!