Tuesday, April 29, 2008

No Monsters Allowed...

...and no Kelton's either.

Kaylen cracked me yesterday when she requested a pencil, paper and piece of tape. She crawled up into her chair at the table and started writing on her paper. I heard mutterings but paid little attention.

"Dare." she says as she puts her pencil down.
"There, what, sweetie?" I asked
"I wrote a sign for my door. It says "No mon-ters and No Kelton scare me! I gonna put it on my door, k?"
"Sure, honey. If you want."

Off she toddled to tape her sign on her door.

She comes back a few hours later and requests more paper, another pencil and another piece of tape. I gladly supply them and she gets right down to work.

"Mom? I tape this one to my door too, k? It says "No Keltons Allowed."

Holding back giggles I send her on her way to tape another sign to her door. Is she really only three? She seems much older sometimes.

And yes, the notes are still there. :)

10 comments:

Stacey said...

That is too cute!

Monogram Queen said...

LOL she is a hoot, that kid!

I love it - No Mon-ters and No Kelton.

Shannon said...

That's so cute!

Jen said...

SO CUTE! How did Kelton feel about all that?

Casey said...

Fern: You know, Kelton was actually not phased at all. I think he said, in passing, it doesn't count if it isn't real writing. :)

He just may have her on a technicality. :)

Sheri said...

Yah, yah, yah ... BUT where are the pictures of the signs???
:-)

Lynilu said...

OK, now, I understand this from first hand experience. The girl's age doesn't matter. The ONLY issue here is that there is an older brother. I do not find this strange at all.


:D

Melanie said...

How very creative (and direct) of her! Cute little thing....

Perrin said...

So funny! Corinne didn't start the signs until she was about 5.

Kristen said...

I want pictures of these signs! How cute is that.