Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Girl

On Tuesday, my friend Brenda sent us off from a playdate at her house with a bag of clothes that her daughter (a year older than Kaylen) had outgrown. Oh my goodness was Kaylen excited! Now if you recall, Kaylen isn't one to get excited about clothes - mostly it's a stuggle of "I'm not wearing that!" so I was surprised when she insisted the bag be placed at her feet for the ride home "to keep my new clothes safe" but nothing blew me away more than her reaction as soon as we walked in the front door.

"Kaylen? Where are you going?"
"To get scissors to open the bag."

Why of course. I told her I could free the clothes for her without scissors and I proceeded to do just that.

The squeals of delight that came from my daughter were too funny! She dumped the bag of clothes in the foyer and spent the next 40 minutes trying on different articles of clothing. Yes, she did deem some things "too tight, no thanks" but most of the things passed her test and she is so happy putting on several new outfits a day.

Clearly I need to buy clothes for her, take them to someone's house and let them give them to her. :)



6 comments:

Sheri said...

I need a GIRL!!! Nick hates to change clothes, so you know what that means for dress up. I love the leotard ... when are you going to sign Kaylen up for dance classes?

Dee said...

That is so cute!!! She is adorable!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww "too tight- no thanks" cracks me up! Maddie gets excited when her cousin gives her clothes too.

Brenda said...

LOL - I'm glad she is enjoying them!

Courtney said...

That is too cute and funny. My 3 1/2 year old is sooo into dress up!

Melanie said...

How adorable! Great plan for the future, by the way. One would never know until it happens, huh?