Monday, January 28, 2008

School Called on Account of Snow?

Seriously? This smattering of snow was cause to cancel school today in our district? Not that I'm *really* complaining, because I'm not. I'm all for not having to rush around in the morning and I was definitely all for not working in the classroom this morning but still.....I'm not sure this really counts as snow.

Trying to make a snow angel.

Jordan eating snow.





To be fair, they were calling for more snow at the 300 foot level (which we are not...I'm not sure of our actual level but they call this the valley floor so I'm assuming we aren't much above sea level. Darn it!) and some areas were pretty icy and dangerous. I just wish we had woken up to a lot of snow. A lot.

Dakota stayed home until the streets were cleared off and then she sadly headed in to work. We all love snow days around here.

Tomorrow will be back to life as usual as the temps will be in the 40's. A nice change from the low 20's we've been having but still....white, fluffy, cold, beautiful snow would be so much more fun!

7 comments:

Perrin said...

I agree..it's somewhat ridiclous. I called my friend in Colorado and she laughed at it. I think a late start day would have been more than adequate. Oh well.

Brenda said...

I can't even call that SNOW! :o)

Sheri said...

We had a bit more snow over here, but like everyone else ... I hardly think this counted as a snow day. Our tumbling class was cancelled at the community center because they follow the school district (silly!!!)

Froggymama said...

That's so funny. When I was a kid in Iowa, it basically had to snow about thirty feet for them to cancel classes. And then it was only a half day! Ohh, this takes me back. Hurray for snow days!

Stacey said...

OMG hahaha. I wish they'd close everything on a day like that. We have to get A LOT of snow before it's even considered.

Monogram Queen said...

I want a snow day even a smattering like you got would be welcomed!

Lynilu said...

Given the relatively mild climate you live in, I'm not surprised. There is probably less highway equipment per road mile to clear the way than there is in many other parts of the country, and I'm guessing that safety and erring on the cautious was the deciding factor. That being said ... I don't blame you for wanting a good, thick white snow!!!