Thursday, January 03, 2008

Flip that House

I admit - I'm intrigued by some reality shows (which is good since according to an article I read this morning we are looking down the barrel at a LOT of reality shows thanks to the Writers Strike which I support and all but come on - enough! Lock the head of the two sides in a room and don't let them out until they reach an agreement. As I said to Dakota a few days before Christmas - it should have happened then. Something tells me they would have had an acceptable agreement before Christmas Eve. But I digress.....). I happened across Flip that House on TLC and I just *had* to watch. If you have never seen it before and like things like Trading Spaces then I would highly recommend it. Basically it is a real estate flipping show where someone buys a fixer-upper and then has a certain number of days to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Staying in their pre-determined (but flexible) budget while making a huge difference in the appearance of the house (inside and out) is the name of the game. Pretty entertaining, I must say.

I wish I could watch shows like that all the way to the end but alas - the cry of "Mom! Help me!" or "Mom - may I watch one of my shows now?" usually wins out. That's ok - I love being a mom and if it means I sacrifice screen time, then so be it. :)

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

I am not a big TV watcher but I think my Mom watches all the shows you've mentioned.. and then some LOL