Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Boot Crazy

Someone stop me. Or better yet - just get out of my way. :) I found another pair of boots today at Penney's and I had to get them. They were $60 regularly, marked down and then marked down again. I walked away with them for under $25. Seriously. I had to.

I am really enjoying my first pair of boots - I'm talking *really* enjoying them. I feel completely different when I wear them and yesterday at my MOMS Club three people were discussing how I look like I've lost weight. I told them it was the boots and they all just laughed and said "Yeah right." But let's calculate that point, shall we? It's January. We just had the holiday free for all. I can promise you that I have not lost weight. But hey - if they want to think that I'm ok with it. But for the record - it's the boots. Adding inches to a short person makes a difference. :)

Want to see my first pair of boots? I searched on the 'net last night and found them. So here you go:



My second pair are ankle height and brown. They have a totally different feel too. The sole isn't nearly as nice and I can see where there is a potential for slipping but still - plenty nice and definitely wearable. Dakota pointed out the price difference and for the first time, I can really get that sometimes, when you pay more, you get more. At least I'm seeing that when it comes to shoes. I've never been one to spend much on shoes. Never saw the point.....until this week. :)

Boots boots boots. FUN!!!

9 comments:

Audra said...

those are really hot boots!!!

fairydogmother said...

Those are super cute!

Unfortunately I pretty much have to spend a lot of money on my shoes because I have 1) a narrow foot (which strongly limits my options, and means most of my shoe shopping is done at Nordstrom; and 2) sensitive feet, which limits my options even further.

Brenda said...

Nice boots. :o)

I'm sure I'd like your other ones too - LOL - maybe in black. :o)

Casey said...

Audra: Thanks! :)

FairyDogMother: Thank you! :) Hey - I see you are from the PNW, too (I popped by your blog tonight). Glad to see you here!

Brenda: Thanks - and you know, I bet a pair in black would be perfect for you. *wink* Thanks for the encouragement to buy them. :)

Julie said...

I recently bought my first pair of boots too! I got them at Penny's, originally $90 and I got them for $30! I was so excited!! Unlike you, I have yet to wear them though.

Lynilu said...

Don't boots make you feel differently inside? "These boots were made for walking, That's just what they'll do, One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you. Bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum,bum, bum....walkin'!"

But boots that take pounds off? The absolute BEST!!!

Unknown said...

I will take anything that will make me look like I have lost weight! Those are fabulous looking boots too! Now I need to go out and find my magical pair! Jeri

Monogram Queen said...

Don't laugh but I always feel like i'm "struttin'" when I am wearing boots! Love em'!

Casey said...

Julie: Great deal!! Now go get them, put them on and wear them for a while! :)

Lynilu: Yes yes yes!!!

Jeri: I highly recommend it. HIGHLY! Makes such a difference. :)

Patti: No lauhging from me. I totally feel the same way. :)