Thursday, January 10, 2008

Told You It Was Rare

**snip from the local news website**

Tornadoes are rare for the Pacific Northwest. The last one to hit the area was in April 5, 1972, killing six people. Washington ranks 47th for frequency of tornado sightings, and Oregon 46th, out of the 50 states.

**end snip**

I heard one story someone was sharing on the news about their car being tossed about like it was a play thing. Apparently it is now sitting on top of another vehicle. I didn't hear if he was inside it or not but even if he wasn't, I can't imagine. I just can't imagine having the truck bed liner from your truck ripped out and flung across your yard in one direction as your truck goes another or the shingles torn from your roof. Trees uprooted by the sheer force of wind. It conjures up thoughts of The Wizard of Oz because well - that's really as close to a tornado as I personally have ever been.

And, thank you very much...it's as close as I ever want to be.

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

Oh i've been closer to a tornado than I wish (after Hurricane Hugo) and it's SCARY