Monday, January 14, 2008

Year Three, Second Semester

And we're off! Zooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Dakota started classes tonight after putting in 5 hours at her internship position this morning and working her "regular" job this afternoon. It's going to be a busy, hectic and time crunched four months - for all of us.

It's been a good winter break and we were able to spend lots of time together as a family. Hard to believe all we smooshed in to three short weeks. Three weeks. Wow. Was Christmas really only three weeks ago? It seems so much longer ago than that.

Now that the holidays are behind us, it's time to get cracking for Kaylen's birthday. Talk about a time warp - I just cannot believe that she is going to be three. Three!?! Wasn't she just learning to crawl last week? *sigh* She has decided on her birthday theme and it came as no surprise to Dakota and I. Dora. Yes indeed - Dora. But the kicker is she wants as much pink as she can get which isn't easy to do with Dora themed things. Kaylen and I picked out her party plates, etc. last week. We even ordered her cake. I was able to request hot pink borders on the cake instead of the bright orange. I figure I'll get some bright pink balloons for the day of her party, too (we just have family parties so there is a lot less "party-planning stress" than there otherwise would be).

I need to load Photoshop Elements onto the new computer so I can get to work on the invitation. I need to get that done this week so there is time to have them printed. I guess I should be doing that instead of blogging, huh? I wish I was more motivated but really - I'm just exhausted. It's been a long day and sitting on the couch sounds much more inviting than this so not comfortable chair but alas, a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do. :)

Hope your week is off to a good start!

9 comments:

Ace of Spades said...

Sounds like you have your hands full.
I can not believe its only been three weeks either. WOW.

Sheri said...

Welcome to "Club 3"! (almost)

As for motivation ... Go Mom, go! Go Mom, go!

How's that??? :-)

Perrin said...

Corinne had a Dora party at 3. We had a fun map hunt with a Lollipop tree and 2 other destinations. It was a cute birthday theme. Wow...time does fly.

Brenda said...

Perrin, can I hire you for my next child's birthday party? Seriously, you rock with party ideas! :o)

I can't wait to see how your invitations turn out Casey. You always do such an amazing job.

Casey said...

Ace of Spades: Hands full - yes. Absolutely. :)

Sheri: Thanks! And I think your motivation worked. Hee hee.

Perrin: What a great idea! You know - I hadn't even though about party games - though I doubt I will need to do much since there are only a couple kids who will be there. Great ideas though and I'm with Brenda - you really should hire yourself out as a party planner. :)

Brenda: I don't know about amazing but it's done and get this - I created every part of it. The background paper, the strips of paper, the buttons....I impressed myself. :) Hope you like it.

Lynilu said...

Don't they grow up entirely too fast? I still have flashbacks to days when my kids were the ages of yours and it is hard to believe they are almost 44 and 38! That makes me....never mind!!

I'm glad you guys had a great winter break, but I'm glad to have you back here even more!! :D

Shannon said...

She can't really be almost 3 already, can she?

Glad you had such a good winter break. Sounds like you've got a crazy few months coming up!

Monogram Queen said...

Such fun! I cheated and did Chuck E Cheese for Maddie's third one. :)

Anonymous said...

May will be here before you konw it.