Wednesday, May 14, 2008

You Flushed WHAT??

Let's just say that Dixie cups are not all that flushable.

Sure, yes. Eventually they breakdown. Providing, of course, that you pour enough hot water into the bowl and plunge for long enough.

I'm just saying.

And now a certain 6 year old is forbidden from being in the bathroom unattended for the rest of the week. And he lost TV and computer time for the day. And he had to do a bunch of chores as well as write "I will not lie." ten times.




And yes....that pretty much sums up my day around here. *sigh*

6 comments:

momtothreeboys said...

Oh yes, I remember those days. And by the way, in case you were wondering, plastic ice cream cones aren't flushable either (and will cost you about $75 for a plumber to come out and remove said ice cream cone).

Lynilu said...

Things like that make you wonder about what goes on in the head of such a bright child to incite him to do something so ... NOT smart! Just remember, dear mother, that he is curious, learning, and part of that is proving or disproving facts!

Yeah, I know. I didn't think of those things in the midst of plunging the toilet, either.

Audra said...

oh the fun!

Monogram Queen said...

Oh dear, that could have been real ugly. I think the punishment fit the crime!
Just think... the Beach beckons....

Anonymous said...

oh man!!! it's so much more frustrating as they get older and you KNOW they know better!!!

at least mom was able to play plumber and fix it!

Julie said...

Why oh why do six year old boys do things like that? I feel your pain! I'm glad to hear you were able to fix it. Enjoy your time at the beach!!