Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh. My.

Three is the new two.

Sorry to break that news to all you who have yet to experience the "joy" that is three. Three months ago my daughter was a happy go-lucky, take life as it comes, helpful as all get out child. Since turning three (just like her brother before her)she has begun to morph into this creature that is hardly recognizable. Well - at least at times. Underneath the ear shattering screaming, kicking, hitting and all out defiance she is still her sweet self. But honestly, in the past 48 hours I have seen precious little of "happy girl" and way too much of "devil child".

Last night she and I had another battle of the wills. I won, of course, but it was a long road to get there. She has a stubborn streak a mile long. I'm sure she gets that from the donor. *wink*

This morning it was another go-around all because I asked her to get the container of crackers so I could make her requested "cheese and crackers - melted". You would have thought I asked her to crawl over broken glass. Oh my - the tantrum. How far did she have to go to get the crackers? Not even a step. She was right there at the cabinet. ARGH!!!!

I think there should be a something like drug rehab for three year olds. Toddler Rehab.

I know several moms who would run quickly to sign in their off-spring.

It's a damn good thing she's cute.

7 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Honey I know exactly of what you speak and I fear it doesn't end a age 4! Gah!

Audra said...

Eeep! I remember my aunt was sooo proud that her first born had a perfect "terrible twos" year. Then she had to eat her words when the 3's came along and the terribleness came out :)

You'll make it again! :)

Tanya said...

Why'd you have to go and ruin it? I thought I only had 6 months left! We've been dealing with the lovely terrible twos since about 20months and someone else recently told me that threes are no better. I'm scared, can it get worse? J and I are always going head-to-head. I keep thinking "so glad I don't have an infant yet"

Froggymama said...

You mean it gets worse? :)

A Jersey Girl said...

Ah yes, the horrific threes:) We have one of them right now, thankful our last. As you know, most of the time it is not "better" until they are about 5. And those girls sure do know how to suck you in, being so cute and all:)

Find the good- Three only comes once!!(Thank God)

Sheri said...

Toddler Rehab? ... my application is in the mail!!! Oh my ... "mine" apparently took NOTES at last week's playgroup. I still see my sweet lil' boy from time-to-time, but he's definitely morphed into another entity recently.

Anonymous said...

I feel your "pain" our daughter (soon to be 20 next week) used to scream at the top of her lungs, often for no reason, or for what I suppose she felt was a good reason!! At one point she was put in a "time out" at our nieghborhood pool why???? Screaming her high pitched squeal for no apparent reason and about gave a few young HS kids an early heart attack!!! KIDS!!!!!!!! Um she has mostly out grown it but at times to drive mom nutty she gladly "performs"!! Your little ones are cute as can be!!!!!
Thanks for sharing them!
Marie
mtvass@comporium.net