Monday, May 12, 2008

Back in Town

Sorry about going missing on you there for a few days. We went to visit my family for the weekend to help celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. As most of you know, Sunday (Mother's Day) also was the one year anniversary of my mom's passing. (Aside: "passing" "passed" "passed away"....those are all such weird phrases but I guess it sounds better than saying "death" etc.. Still - sounds weird. She passed? Hmmm...what did she pass? But I digress.....) Needless to say, the weekend was a weird mixture of emotions. I have lots to share about the weekend but now that Dakota is home in the evening, I will have to try to fit blogging into my daytime schedule because, and I mean no offense to any of you, I'd rather spend time with her than sitting here writing to all of you. :)

On a very happy note though, Dakota and I received our very first handmade (but not helped in anyway by us) Mother's Day gift from Kelton. It was incredibly sweet and made us both cry "happy tears". He was so proud of his gifts and we are so proud of him!

Check them out:

The inside of the cards. He drew us each a picture and then answered questions about what we like. He did take the easy way out and answered the questions exactly the same. Except for the "My mom's favorite color is blue" (which is true for Dakota but not me) all the answers he gave were mine. Pretty funny!
The outside cover of the cards. Dakota's has more flowers because he worked on hers first and started to run out of time while working on mine. :)
The photo in my frame.
The photo in Dakota's frame.

I thought it was especially great of his teacher to make sure he had two cards and gifts for us. Don't you just love the frame? It's so cool!

Anyway - I have a bunch more photos to share from the weekend and I promise to get to them soon. So check back again soon. You just never know when the kids will let me have 30 minutes of uninterrupted time for blogging! :)

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Those are AWESOME! I even got a little misty-eyed. And, I really do love the jigsaw frames :-)

Happy belated Mother's Day!!!

Monogram Queen said...

So sorry again about your Mother. I remember that was just about the time I was getting to know you and Dakota.

I love his project I got a card from Maddie but she didn't do it on her own. Still special though. :)

Happy Belated Birthday to your dear Daddy!

Krista Abt said...

Great cards! How sweet of him! And that was wonderful of his teacher to do that for both of you! As well she should. Sorry about your mom, and glad you could celebrate your dad's 70th with him.

Jen said...

Wow! When I was a kid we planted marigolds. Every year. Things have really stepped up in the Mother's Day crafts dept.! Obviously he takes after you with the crafting talent!