Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cell Phone Reception Blues

My sister recently moved which I hope will mean I no longer have to experience the frustration of being dropped by her cell phone, or having cruddy cell phone reception whenever she drove through a certain part of town on the way to her now "old house". It was so frustrating that when someone mentioned a cellular amplifier I was intrigued and looked into them. Aren't dropped calls irritating or worse yet, having no signal when you really don't see why. There are coastal towns around here that, no lie, we have had to drive down the road trying to pick up a signal so we could place a call. Crazy.

Apparently, though, you can get a cell phone signal booster that will amplify your cell phone signal so that you will have reception where before you had trouble. When the amplifier is used in conjunction with the company’s high performance inside and/or
outside antennas, the amplifiers solve a huge majority of problems such as dropouts, dead zones and disconnects.

Technology is truly amazing, isn't it?

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Technology truly IS amazing. What i'd like to have is a cell phone blocker to "zap" those fools who are talking LOUDLY about NOTHING. I know, I know, civil rights and all that but still. They annoy me so.

Anonymous said...

I experienced a similar problem. When I bought my iPhone, I first checked with “Got Reception?” (Gotreception.com) It’s a great resource for finding out where reception problems are most likely to occur BEFORE you lock yourself with a specific carrier.