Friday, May 30, 2008

Trauma for the Ballerina

There isn't a clean ballet outfit to be found this morning. Nor are there stain-free tights.

The trauma I seem to have inflicted on my three year old by not starting a half full washer last night is huge. HUGE I tell you. Never mind that I actually informed her last night that she wouldn't have a clean one to wear until afternoon. Which really shouldn't matter since we are going to the park this morning. Apparently I was wrong. It does matter. A lot.

I explained that her tights wouldn't be stained if she didn't drag her knees on the ground as she swings on her tummy on the playset. I remind her that I have asked that she wear her shoes while playing in the yard. I beg her to understand that Shout really does not get out every single stain. Yes - I'll take a trip to Target soon to buy a few more pair of pink tights.

I've put out a call to my MOMS Club asking if anyone has an used but decent size 4/5 ballet outfits (preferably with an attached tu-tu because it's no fun until the skirt twirls). I even bought a new outfit on eBay last night. Clearly I need more than two on hand. At this point, I'm pretty sure this is a case of "you can't have too many".

Sure - we might have been able to have a clean one today but alas, it's apparently trickier than I thought to get the thing off when one has to potty. As the puddle on the bathroom floor yesterday afternoon might indicate. *sigh*

She simply cannot wait to start ballet class in the fall (which I promised her she could do for a month once Kelton is in school full time. (As much as I love the boy, there is no way I want to have to deal with his antsy-ness during her class time which, of course, happens in the afternoon.)

And in case you are wondering - a kick from an unhappy three year old kinda hurts. *sigh* There is just nothing like an unhappy ballerina princess.

ARGH!!

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I would send you some but she wears a bigger size than Maddie wears now!
For the record a swat on the behind from a kicked-by-a-ballerina Mom hurts too LOL (couldn't resist saying it!)

I know you can't give them a swat for every little thing and sometimes they are just SO unreasonable - like little mad women or something. I've dealt with it. *sigh*

Brenda said...

You might want to give Spankies a try. They had quite a few the last time I was there. :o)

Melanie said...

Well, that little Ballerina-Diva sure knows what she wants, doesn't she? That's a good thing (for later)!