Saturday, May 31, 2008

Garage Sale Saturday

We left the house with $28 and returned with $11 left over and a whole lot of non-essential fun things for the kids. I love garage sale day. :)

Kelton managed to find books, a super hero action figure (a blue power ranger, if that means anything to you), a Mario car, transformers, a game, car antenna balls from Disneyland and a few other things that escape my memory right now. I have to say though, he is becoming quite the bargain hunter and bartered down the price on a few things. I was actually kind of impressed because I hate to counter offer at garage sale and would rather walk away than deal with it. Yes, it's true. My six year old can teach me a thing or two. But here's the thing - no one could have turned him down. They were all way too busy ooohing and aaaahing over how "adorable" and "cute" he was. Like I said, I could learn a thing or two.

I did have to put my foot down when he started trying to barter for a toy drum thing, a metal detector and some HDMI cable. Although I was torn on the metal detector. If it hadn't been $10 I just might have let him have it. :)

Kaylen found a few things for herself as well. The highlight by far was a Bella Ballerina Dancerella set which is a ballet barre, a foot position mat and an instructional DVD. Oh my goodness! The girl has been in 7th heaven all day! I have to say - it's just about the cutest thing ever to watch her trying her best to make all the right moves. And she knows the song by heart! We took photos and I will get them up soon. It's just too cute.

It was a really fun Saturday for all of us! (Though I think Dakota's favorite part was starting to work on the garden and sandbox area. Let's hope it's a nice day so she can get back out there and have more fun tomorrow! If all goes well, I think she is planning to start building the new sandbox which is going to be a huge summer hit with the kids. Yay!)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

FUN! I always forget about going to garage sales - maybe I can tag along one of these days?

Mimi said...

I'm with you...I also am unable to talk any one down for their price....my husband on the other hand will try to talk any one down on any price even if its a dollar...tooo funny