Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Yes. It's 50 degrees outside. Yes. It's overcast and downright on the chilly side and yet it did not stop me from flinging open the doors to get some fresh air into this house. Yes. I am bundled up in a heavy sweater and drinking a steaming hot cup of coffee. Yes. My fingers are frozen. But I'm getting fresh air into the house....darn it.

It's almost June. We should be wearing shorts and t-shirts and complaining about how hot it is in the late afternoon.

It's almost June. We should NOT be stuck in winterland.

Ugh.

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I thought you likes Christmas :)

Lielanie said...

I love your blog, it reminds me that others are going through the same things as I am!!

And yes, I don't remember the weather being like this last year, but then I never saw snow in April either. It sure is strange..

Caroline said...

I need to move to where you live and you need to move to KC. Today it is sunny and 82. I would love for it to be in teh 50s and rainy.

Melanie said...

Good for you for getting that fresh air, damn it! :) Bet it felt great, despite having to wear a sweater and the cold fingers.

Shannon said...

I hear you. We've had a crappy May here too. It hasn't even been warm enough to go without a sweater or jacket most days.

Audra said...

it's even been a bit chilly here! The sun is out, but very windy! br!

Monogram Queen said...

I sympathize but i'll be swearing a blue streak when it's 100 degrees in July and August here.