Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dogs In Yard

As you know by now, we have two dogs, Jordan and Maddie. I've never wanted beware of dog signs on the fence but I wished for a way to let people know that dogs may be in the yard and/or remind them to make sure the gate is closed when they leave the yard.

Recently I was given a great opportunity to receive a Dogs in Yard sign and it is perfect! My dogs are not ones you need to "beware" of (unless licking bothers you) so just a simple statement of fact that there may indeed by dogs in the yard seemed perfect!

I went to their website (doginyard.com - click link above for ease) and picked out the perfect signage for our yard. I ordered the chocolate brown Dogs in Yard (plural. You can get singular "dog", too) sign and discovered many great things about the company during my quick and easy ordering process. They send the sign with the mounting hardware needed: brass screws (brass doesn't rust) if you have a wooden fence or cable ties if you have chain link and get this; they don't want you to pay until *after* you have received their product. And shipping (are you ready for this? You may want to sit down....) is FREE!!! Have you ever heard of this before? I couldn't help but feel good about it. True, they don't accept credit card payments but since they employ what they call "The Good Karma Policy" they are happy to wait for your check. So yes, you order the sign and they send it to you lickety split (and no kidding - it was super fast!) without you putting down your money first and without you paying for shipping. All they ask is that you quickly send them the payment once you have received your sign. Are they expensive? You would think so, wouldn't you? But nope - they are totally affordable.

Seriously! Who knew customer service - and trust in your e-commerce customers to pay later even existed? I did not. It was incredibly refreshing to find it at doginyard.com. I would highly recommend doing business with these guys - they absolutely impressed me!

For your viewing pleasure, here is a photo of my actual sign on my actual fence (thanks Dakota for installing it and snapping the photo for me - you did a great job!). Nice, isn't it?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Now THAT is practically unheard of! A company with some integrity. A good reputation is priceless - I will remember this!

Lynilu said...

I'd like to find a sign that is as attractive to hand on my door or porch to let emergency workers know my little 4-leggers are in the house. All I can find is a window sticker that is about 3"X4". I really like your sign. Great idea, and what an amazing company!

Monogram Queen said...

It looks great! How wonderful to know there are still "good" people around!