Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Dakota's Dreams!! :)

As I was walking to Kelton's classroom at the end of school today I met up with the mother of a friend of Kelton's. Elizabeth and Kelton have had a couple playdates and they used to sit at the same table in class. Elizabeth's mom says "So I hear you are moving to Hawaii. Elizabeth would like to have a playdate with Kelton before you move."

Stunned silence from me.

"Ummmm....we aren't moving. Did Kelton tell her we were?"

"That's what she says."

"Huh. Interesting. But no - we aren't moving though I'm sure Dakota would love to move to Hawaii."

I swear - I hear the most interesting things from these 5 and 6 year olds both when I am in the classroom and from what Kelton shares with me. One kid tried to convince Kelton that she was 10 years old - and he really beleived her. That took a lot of undoing on my part. :)

When I asked Kelton about it (as both families were walking back to the parking lot) he said that he did indeed tell her that but that she said they were moving to Hawaii too. Elizabeth looked at me and nodded in agreement so I said "Well - it looks like you two have it all planned out!" and everyone laughed.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Can I come too?? We'll start a MC there... :)

Lynilu said...

LOL!. I love that kids conjure up the most wonderful and fantastic things in their heads!!

Caroline said...

LOL. Your kids are so cute and funny. I love that both the kids said they were moving to Hawaii and I really love the story of the kid telling Kelton she was 10.

Shannon said...

Kids are funny!

Brenda said...

I'm with Melanie! LOL

For the past 5 months Carson's best friend has been talking about his birthday party. It has Carson and all their friends anxious and excited. Each week the party is "next week". Each week the kids believe him!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Ha haaaa at least that was a harmless little lie. One of my friends kids (age 6)told everyone she and her Mother both had Aids. Very strange what things kids will tell.