Saturday, May 03, 2008

Home Depot Day

Today was one of those days that was spent on the move! The kids and I were in the car at 9AM this morning headed to our local Home Depot for the First Saturday of the Month Kids Project Day. When we walked in I could see the project area was overflowing with parents and kids. We checked in, found one of the last spots on the floor (all the tables were taken already), and got down to the business of building.

It was so incredibly warm in the area that as the kids pounded in their nails I couldn't help but dream of cheap flights to anywhere cool. I was seriously sweating - which was crazy. I'm no expert but maybe a larger working area would be in order. :)

The project was a Mother's Day project and it was a little wooden box with three wooden flowers. The kids had a really good time making it though they didn't so much want to attach the bazillion petal stickers to the flowers so I had that job which was fine. They were so proud of their accomplishments and swore me to secrecy when I suggested we call Dakota to share with her what we had made. They wanted to surprise her when we got home.




The kids friends, Carson and Katie were there, too, so we were able to snap a photo of all four kids together. Carson and Kelton have been friends since Kelton was 9 months old. :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Darn, I missed it AGAIN!! I will try for next month!

Lynilu said...

I love great projects for little kids! Let's 'em know they are somebody. And very cutre pictures, as always!

Monogram Queen said...

Too cute! Some day i'm going to remember to take Maddie to Home Depot for this (or have her Daddy to it)

Sheri said...

Those look like some seriously happy kids! Hopefully we'll get a Saturday break from soccer one of these months and get to join you all.