Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Shhhhhh! Don't tell Dakota!

I want to see how long it takes her to notice. :)

(The mirror reflects the dark brown wall on the opposite side of the room and the white is a reflection of the ceiling. All those pictures? Those are on the mantel. If you look closely, you can see my reflection taking the photo. :) )
Look at what I did today. :) I've long been wanting to use vinyl lettering to do a project but was at a loss since I didn't want a huge piece of wood to have to worry about hanging. Then, this morning I saw an idea at a local craft store (a locally owned store, not one of the big fancy franchise type stores). Putting the letters directly onto the large mirror above our fireplace was inspired! And don't you just love, love, love the saying?
(close up)


I love it. Now I wonder how long it will take before Dakota notices it. I love that woman like crazy but paying attention to details such as this is not her strong suit. :)

9 comments:

Audra said...

i love that!!

Unknown said...

What a great saying. I love vinyl lettering - what I lack is the committment to one set of words that I think are perfect. But those really are. Maybe one day I'll steal it!

Brenda said...

I love it!!! Was it easy to do?

Krista Abt said...

It's beautiful! Great job! Can't wait to see it. Dakota will love it (when she notices it)

Sheri said...

I love the quote--perfect! And, you look pretty good hidden behind the candlesticks (hee-hee).

So, how long did Dakota "pretend" to not notice before she admitted to reading it in your blog?
;-)

Monogram Queen said...

Tell us how long it takes LOL
I really love that, touching.

I almost went cross-eyed trying to find you in the picture. I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other! LOL

Casey said...

For the record - it took Dakota 2.5 hours to notice. And no, she hadn't read my blog before leaving work yesterday so she had no clue. :)

Nikki: Steal away. It wasn't my quote. It came as is. :)

Brenda: So, so easy! The hardest part was making sure it was even on the mirror.

Patti: It took about 20 minutes from start to finish. So easy! :)

Dakota said...

Hey - 2.5 hours, with all the chaos of the kids and the dogs was really good for me! I am just happy I noticed it the same day it went up. It looks great!

Jen said...

That is SO COOL! I want to see a picture from further back because I can't figure out the first photo -- can't get a sense of where the mirror is or what is reflection. So if you feel like posting more, definitely do so!

That's a terrific idea, and I really love the quote.