Thursday, July 12, 2007

We're Going!

WAHOO!!! We found a place to run away to. Someone in my MOMS Club sent me a link to a place they have stayed in a town we've never before been and when we called they had openings and were reasonably enough that we can manage to go for a couple nights. And the really amazingly cool part is my bestest friend Brenda (she moved to California last September which darn near killed me) is going to be in the same beach town next week so we will be able to see each other!!!!!!

How is that for a strange, happy accident? We never even considered going to this specific town but it kept coming up when people were suggesting places we might try. Then when the rate was something we could swing it just seemed like it was meant to be!

Brenda long ago planned this beach vacation with a woman from our old playgroup so their families will be staying in a beach house just blocks from the hotel were we will be. It's just so cool how it all worked out - I'm still stunned but Brenda and I were giggling like school girls today on the phone just thinking of getting to see each other again. Her kids will be there so Kelton will be able to reconnect with his buddy Carson (they've known each other since Kelton was 9 months old). Both boys are bouncing off the walls, too.

Fun fun fun!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Yay yippee and Hoo-Ray! I am so glad this worked out for you and you will be able to see your friend (Kelton too). It's wonderful that both you and Dakota wanted this get-away so badly. That is one thing I wish my hubs shared with me but he just doesn't "get it". *sigh* Have fun and take lots and lots of pics!

Mieke said...

Have a great time!