Monday, July 09, 2007

It's Been a Long Day

I'll post more about the ins and outs of the day tomorrow. It's supposed to be incredibly hot here (99 degrees) so I'm sure I will be sitting inside the house more than I am most days. Normally the kids and I hang out in the backyard during the afternoon but I guess tomorrow will be a fort building, couch jumping kind of afternoon. It's kind of weird....we're stuck inside because it's cold during the winter months and we're stuck inside because it's too hot to enjoy being outside in the summer.

I guess it will give me some time to internet browse - which for me is like window shopping. So much to look at and see but looking is all I can do. Well, that and dream. So I guess I'll spend some time looking at Century furniture and dreaming of winning the lottery so I can finally buy a new entertainment cabinet for the living room. Ours is definitely showing the strain of having young children around though I guess it's pretty darn pointless to buy anything new until they are older.

OH! And I will have to take a photo of the surprise gift that Dakota made for me. It's AMAZING and I love it so much! Curious? Ok - I'll tell you a little about it. She took year one of my blog and had it printed up as a bound book. It's so totally amazing. My words - right there. She said this is the draft copy so I can go through and edit out posts if I'd like (probably a good idea...I have no idea what I wrote a year ago and I'm too lazy to read back through the archives online). I swear it's just about the sweetest gift she has ever given me. I'll take a photo of it and show you. So damn cool.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

What a wonderful gift and keepsake! I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Jojo said...

What a great gift!

Monogram Queen said...

I'll say it again. Y'all are both awesome!

Dee said...

What a WONDERFUL gift! That Dakota is one good egg!

Shannon said...

Wow, that's an amazing gift. What a great idea.

Casey said...

Brenda: I wish you could see it in person. Dang you for moving away!

JoJo: It really is. :)

Patti_Cake: Yeah - she's pretty amazing.

Dee: Agreed!

Shannon: A really, really great idea. :)