Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Second Blogiversary to Me!!!

Two years. It all began two years ago today with a simple heading that read: In the beginning.... and since then I have shared ups and downs and everything in between. You've been here as I struggled and as I triumphed. As I made mistakes and as I grew. It's been a wild ride, hasn't it?

Thank YOU for being a part of all this. Without you all, I would just be a sad, pathetic, lost soul writing to no one - just writing and sending things out into space. I guess none of us could really have blogs if it weren't for our blog buddies who come by, read our stuff and leave comments to show us they are here and they are listening. Blogs have taken on a life of their own, don't you think? Friends from my real life no longer have to wait for me to *finally* get an email update written. They know that they can pop by here any time and see what, and how, we are doing. I've been known to write to someone to check in with them and get a response back that said "I read your blog every day! I just love keeping up on all of you so easily." In a way it's weird - I know I have about 100 people who stop by every day but most of you slip in and out unnoticed. I often wonder who came by and what they were thinking about whatever it was I wrote. I love getting comments (don't we all) but I also find comfort in the numbers knowing that so many people care about my family and what is going on in our day to day life. I love knowing the people are watching my babies grow up and become amazing (albiet sometimes incredibly frustrating) kids.

I love this blog of mine and I am so glad that you love it too. Thank you!



So bring on the cake, crack open the bottle of champagne, send up the balloons and let's get this party started. :)

And when the party is over - hold on tight; year three of Dancing on the Edge is just beginning! :)

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary! :o)

Froggymama said...

Yay! Congratulations. I must say, I look forward to your blog everyday. And even though we've never met, I feel like we know each other. You're such a great mom and I feel so lucky to have found you in this strange and lovely cyber world! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Froggymama. I love reading your blog and I look forward to it every morning! You are a GREAT mama! As soon as my kids go back to school I am gonna start my own blog so I too can have an outlet! You inspire me, you really do!

Happy Anniversary to you!

Heidi

Holly said...

Happy Blogiversary!
I LOVE reading your blog as well! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you!
Now, if only I could have a glass of champagne at my desk...

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Happy Blogaversary Casey. I love your blog and am so glad I discovered it. One day I need to work back to the beginning and read it all.
I love that cake. Love it Love it Love it.

Caroline said...

Happy Anniversay. I love your blog and love the pics you put of the family. I am so glad that I found your blog. I was trying to think how I came across your blog, but can't seem to remember. Anyway...so glad I DID find you. Not only are you a fellow blogger, but you are my friend as well.

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! Bring on THAT cake, that looks GOOD!

Congrats Casey - and happy bloggiversary, I love your writing here and look forward to the many years of reading to come!

Casey said...

Brenda: Thanks!

FroggyMama: Cyber world is strange yet very wonderful! I, too, feel a kinship with you.

Heidi: Thanks! Definitely do a blog - that way I can read all about your crazy life which apparently mirrors mine pretty darn closely. :)

Holly: I should think work should make an exception. It IS a party, afterall. :)

Patti_Cake: I am SO glad you found me. I love having you here and getting to know you over at your place (or is that palace?) :)

Caroline: I can't recall how we found each other. But I'm glad we did. :)

Shawna: Thanks! :)