Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's Been a Busy Weekend!!

I cannot believe all the stuff we have managed to pack into the past three days. I dare say I haven't even sat down to rest since it all started.

Friday morning started off at 8:30 when the bee guy arrived at the front door. He wasn't scheduled until 9 but I was ready so it was fine that he was early and besides, the kids and I had a playdate lined up for when he was done and gone so I figured we'd be on our way in no time. Yeah. Right.

At 10:00 he finally emerged from the crawl space and with him came a plastic laundry bag (the ones the hotels give you for your laundry) filled with bee nest, dead bees and eggs. Eeeeeeeeew! He said when he got down there he found the nest but all was quiet so he figured it must not be a live one. Then he started messing with it and suddenly it was alive with noise. Apparently there must have been a cell of the nest that had eggs in it when the last guy was here and sprayed it but because the spray doesn't kill eggs, a whole new colony arose. I'm thinking the last guy should have taken the nest with him, aren't you? Geez. Anyway - this guy spent more than an hour down there trying to get every last piece and sprayed the area really well. Once he was up, he went to the outside entrance and sprayed it really well. He said to go ahead and screen it. Anyone who might be under will die off and no one new will be able to get in. So - the area is officially sealed off. Let's hope this is the end of the bee issue.

After the bee guy left, the kids and I got ourselves ready and called our new friend Sheri to let her know we were ready to play. We met at a really great place nearby - it's a coffee shop, cafe AND play area for the kids. LOVE IT! We went once last winter and it was amazingly crowded but thankfully, this time it wasn't. I even got to sit down in a chair and have a real cup of coffee in a real ceramic mug! It was fun! The kids had a great time playing and Sheri and I had a good time chatting - well, you know, in between going into the play area to soothe hurt feelings or intervene in a situation. Still though - I had a good time. Once Kelton is in school I can see it becoming a monthly outing for Kaylen and I.








After playing for a while, we headed home for lunch. Soon after Dakota arrived home full of plans for big fun - camping in the yard!!

That's a post all unto itself so I will leave you hanging here. Tomorrow is Kelton's first day of day camp so hopefully I will have a bit of time in the late morning for another update....that is, of course, if Miss Kaylen will allow it. :)

Here's the fun to come:
setting up the tent
making a camp fire
making s'mores (and those are some serisouly funny pictures!)
trying to sleep in the tent
shopping for school supplies
and more camping in the yard


I downloaded 126 pictures from this weekend....told you it was crazy, busy fun! :)
OH! And I was given a blogging award this weekend, too. I'll have to tell you all about it.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Don't you just love 100+ picture weekends? I love the pictures of the kids! They are true hams!!

Sheri said...

I had a great time on our coffee/playdate--haven't had much adult conversation lately (did it show? LOL). LOVED your photos! I felt like I could hear their squeals of laughter all the way through my computer.

Monogram Queen said...

Awwww that soundslike so much fun! I can't wait for the camping tales/pics! Your kids are little clowns!

Casey said...

Lynilu: I really do love times when I can snap a lot of photos. And yes, they are definitely hams! :)

Sheri: No - it didn't show at all. We'll have to do it again

Patti_Cake: Your wish is my command - the camping pics are up! :)