Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm a Book!!

Check this out:
The front (I blocked out my last name for posting purposes):


The back:


It measures 7.5" square and an inch thick. Dakota told me that she was hoping to get both years (this Friday marks my 2nd anniversary blogging - WOW!) in one book but, as she so delicately put it, I talk too much. :)

It's so completely amazing to see my words in a book. My words. I can't even begin to describe how it feels. I can order a few more copies of it for the kids to have when they are grown so they can have a lot of the every day memories right at their finger tips. Besides my scrapbook pages, I can't think of anything that would mean more to me for them to have. Memories of their lives through my eyes....the good, the bad, the ugly. Just real life stuff.

I am so touched by this gift. It must have taken such a long time to complete as she had to copy everything (including photos) to Word in reverse order, save it in a pdf format, upload it to a self-publishing site. She has given me some pretty amazing gifts before but this...well...this one is a surprise that I never would have expected and it takes my breath away.

I'm having a great time reading through it - it brings back good memories and memories of times that weren't good at all but that I managed to survive. The first year of my blog covers Dakota's first year in law school. At best, that was an extremely challenging year for me and to read back and see that I made it through - that WE made it through...well....there are just no words.

I love, love, love this book and I love, love, love the woman who made it for me.

9 comments:

SassyFemme said...

What an amazing gift! Wow!

Happy Blogiversary, early.

Shannon said...

That's the coolest gift ever.

Frazzled Mom said...

You have no idea how much I love it. What a thoughtful gift!

Casey said...

SassyFemme: Indeed and Thanks! :) I feel like I should order a cake and have balloons. :)

Shannon: It really, really is.

FazzledMom: I love it too. She's the best. :)

Froggymama said...

Wow, what a gift! That's love.

Casey said...

FroggyMama: Indeed! :)

Monogram Queen said...

That is so wonderful and so thoughtful. Oh you won an award on my blog and THIS illustrates why you so deserve it!

Holly said...

That is so cool! What an amazing gift!
How did she do that!!?!
Happy Blogiversary!

Unknown said...

You and Dakota are total sweethearts. I've admired from the very start how much thought you put into treating each other right and getting the perfect gift!