Thursday, July 19, 2007

Beach Photos

I've run into a small glitch with my beach photos. There are so many incredible ones that I am wanting to showcase them somehow. But how? I was kicking around some ideas in my head while I went about doing laundry and dishes this afternoon and I came up with a couple different options. The first one would be finding a multi-frame photo collage but I am not a huge fan of that option. Personally, I find the layouts of collages hard to work with. You have to be sure that you find photos that go the right direction for each slot and, on the whole, it's too small to really be a powerful focal point.

Then I thought about the free standing tri-fold photo collages. I've seen them in other homes and they really look great but the problem I have with them is, for my house, we don't have that kind of floor space (the kids are fortunate to have tons of fun toys). The photo frames in the unit seem to universally hold 5x7 or 8x10 photos, which is great because they are big enough to really make a statement, but all the photos seem to need to be in the up and down direction and my photos, for the most part, are longways. So that option is out.

Suddenly it came to me! Why not a digital picture frame? I could splurge and buy one for the fireplace mantle! Talk about a focal point for a room! The photos would rotate through at regular intervals and I could enjoy each and every one. Definitely something to think about!!

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Wow and I see your dilemma. You take some AWESOME pics woman!

Jojo said...

Buy one! I bought one, and also bought a flash drive (get one with a 2.0 USB port). Now I just plug the drive into my computer, load up to 600 pictures on it, plug it into the frame and boom. The software in the frame allows me to adjust rate of change, type of transition, ect. I LOVE this thing!
jojo

Casey said...

Patti-Cake: Why thank ya, ma'am! :)

JoJo: I love hearing this! I don't know anyone else who has one and I'm thrilled you love yours so. Makes me want to run right out and buy one. :) Thanks for the positive feedback.