Friday, July 13, 2007

Look What I Have!!

Since we are going to the beach this weekend I jumped the gun and bought my new camera. We have half the money for it from the pay to blog stuff that Dakota and I've been doing so, providing everything goes as planned, we'll have the other half in about two weeks and can pay off the credit card we put it on. Yay!!!!!!!

I am loving this camera!!!! Check out these photos:







Clearly I should have used the flash on this last one but still! Aren't they great??

I still love my tiny camera, don't get me wrong. I love the way it is so easy to carry with me and that it takes amazing photos, too. My new one, once I learn the ropes of it, will allow me to capture more "portrait" quality which I am all about. :) But still - my little camera is still near and dear to my heart. I mean seriously - just look at these I captured on Monday at a spur of the moment romp in the sand. Chances are good that I will *always* have my small camera with me where my new one is a bit tougher to toss into my purse. :)



6 comments:

Stacey said...

yay congrats on the new toy. looks great and love the new pics!!!

Caroline said...

I am very happy for you, but also very jealous of you. I would kill for a camera like that. I just got my new camera 6 months ago, but I really want one with a better zoom. Well, enjoy taking pictures and I can't wait to see all your new pics.

Lynilu said...

You're a 2 camera woman! EeeeHaww! The new one looks a lot like mine. What kind is it? "Portrait quality" is something that escapes me; when I aim the lens at people, I get crummy snapshots, but the same lens on a tree and some sort of magic happens. I hope yours does you as well with people as mine does on nature. You take amazing shots of "your people" already! And I'm envious of you having that little purse-size camera to boot! Have fun!

Casey said...

Stacey: Thank you and thank you! :)

Caroline: I can't wait either. Now I just have to learn how to really use it.

Lynilu: It's a Canon S3 and actually - this makes my 4th digital camera. :) My starter one (now Kelton's), my purse size and then a second purse size almost the same (a replacement for my other one when Kelton broke it two days before we left for Disneyland (it sits in a drawer as a safety backup)) and now this one. I am going to put some time in to reading the manual(s) to see if I can master my new one. The potential is AMAZING! The tip I can offer about people shots is use your zoom and get is close. When you think you are close enough, nudge it and get in a little closer. Focus, shoot and be amazed. :)

Lynilu said...

Well, Casey, I was right ... it is like mine! Mine is an S2, so an older model. You're gonna love it! And yes, the potential is mind boggling! I still haven't learned all the features and tricks, but I'm working with a new one every few weeks when I find time to play around. Happy focusing!

And as to "people shots" ... I really think it is just me. My brother was a prize-winning portrait photographer in TX ... then there is me! LOL!!

Monogram Queen said...

Congrats on your new camera and it is an investment for you because you always take pics (and GOOD ones at that!). Love the pics!