Monday, July 02, 2007

Discouraged

Remember back in January when my car lived at the auto repair shop for NINE very long days because of the air conditioner compressor? Remember how we forked out more money than one person should have to shell out for a car repair? Umm..yeah. I remember that too. All too well.

Any guesses where my car is at this very moment? Any guesses as to the root of the problem?

I could just scream!!!!!

I hadn't really been using the a/c all that often since January. A handful of times, really. Each time I would think "Hmmm..that's not exceeding cool air but I guess it's doing it's job well enough." Well...this past Saturday I was taking Shawna home from our day of scrap booking when we both noticed the a/c was most certainly NOT doing its job well. And then, after dropping her off, I became aware that it had stopped working at all. No cool air whatsoever was coming out of the vents.

Damn. Double damn.

Dakota made calls today (because frankly, after the weekend I had I was about ready to blow a gasket at any moment and she, in all her wisdom, snagged the "calls needing to be made" list and took care of things.) and arranged to have her mom and step-dad come over. Mom stayed with the kids, step-dad followed in his car so he could bring me back after dropping off the car. Now I'm waiting for the dreaded call to tell me how much more in debt we are going to be and how this is no fault of theirs but rather something *I* have done or not done. As in "You should have noticed this sooner and we could have fixed it." Ummm yeah - I should have ran my a/c when the temps were in the 30's so I could be sure it worked properly. I just want to scream "Is it THAT hard to do a job right??????" Grrrrrrr.

But - like I said, I'm sure this will all boil down to my fault somehow.

I hate car stuff. I really, really do.

My nose is still hurting but nowhere near like it was yesterday. I *almost* went to urgent care but sucked it up and figured I see a regular doctor today if it wasn't better (you know how they say the second day of an injury is the worst and technically, yesterday was the 24-48 hour window. OUCH!! I'm not going to to the doctor but I definitely know it's broken (and I've learned that you can indeed break your nose without getting black eyes and major bruising) because when I feel from the inside (gross I know - but every one of you would have done the same thing! LOL!) there is a ridge that was never there before AND it makes a weird noise/feeling when I try to move it. The upshot though is, it's aligned from the outside and I am not having trouble breathing so there is nothing that can be done. Pain management but I think I passed the window where OTC pain relievers weren't working. Tylenol is holding me pretty well.

My sister is having surgery today. Girl surgery. She should be going into the OR in about an hour (if they are on time) so please keep good thoughts for her. She should be going home in about 4 or 5 days. I wish I could zip up there to offer support and be there with everyone else. It's hard to be so far away when things like this are happening.

It's just a weird day here. Everything feels off and I feel really crabby. But fear not - I did get my full workout in (even though it made my nose *really* hurt!) which means I have worked out for 15 days in a row. Fifteen day. Amazing!!!

4 comments:

yankeegirl said...

Well Casey- along the lines of misery loves company- my gf's ac doesn't work at all and she lives in south GA! I hope things get better today- hang in there. I've been thinking about you guys. ((hugs))

Lynn said...

WAY TO GO CASEY! You rock girl. 15 straight days of exercise. You will be so thin by Christmas, you will be able to each all the goodies with no guilt!

Casey said...

YankeeGirl: Ugh ugh and double ugh. Poor gf. :(

Lynn:From your lips to God's ears. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Well that sucks about the car and your poor nose.
Just concentrate on the 15 days of excercise. That is AWESOME!