Sunday, July 22, 2007

New Camera Bliss and a Trip to the Fish Hatchery

This morning we headed out our annual trip to the local fish hatchery. The kids love it there mostly, I think, because they get the feed the fish. The day was muggy and overcast down here but once we got up the gorge there was plenty of blue skies. It was a beautiful day to be out and about.

Check out these pictures that Dakota took today. I am amazed at the clarity. WOW!




Here are some other pictures taken on our outing:



And a couple of Kaylen that I am really loving.





PS..Keep reading. I posted the rest of the beach story. :)

8 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! they really are gorgeous pictures!!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful pictures! Wow! I love your camera. I'm going to have to start saving my pennies so I can buy one too. :o)

Perrin said...

What beautiful pictures. I hate this muggy weather too...it's myleast favorite.

Dee said...

Wow! Wonderful pictures! I took pictures of a butterfly with my new camera too!

Monogram Queen said...

So cute! Um, what exactly is a fish hatchery? Like a nursery for fish?

Casey said...

SassyFemme: Thanks!

Shawna: *grin*

Brenda: A new camera is SO much fun! I am loving mine. :)

Perrin: I agree completely!

Dee: Did you post them? I'd love to see them.

Patti_Cake: Wow. I feel so "pacific northwestn". :) You know how we love our fish! :) A fish hatchery is just that. It facilitates the fertilization of eggs (the place we go is a chinook and coho salmon hatchery), the hatching of new fish and then cares for them until they are big enough to be set out in the wild. Here's a link to find out more: http://www.a2zgorge.info/services/fishhatcheries.htm Hope that helps. :)

Stacey said...

Amazing pictures!!! Your camera rocks!