Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Good-Byes Are Hard To Say

Well...I've fought against this for as long as possible but denial isn't working for me any longer. The moving truck is pulling out Friday afternoon. My amazingly good friend, Brenda, is actually moving away. I still can't quite wrap my mind around it.

Remember back in January when I posted about it possibly happening because of her husband interviewing for a position? Here we are, nine months later and it's all coming true. Her husband was hired six months ago and actually moved to California, commuting home for weekends, to start the job. Brenda and the kids stayed here to be sure A) Al liked the job and B) they found a place to live.

They had a house built and it is now ready for them. :( I can't begin to tell you how much this sucks. I've cried over and over about her leaving - I just don't know how I will survive. We talk at least two times a day, she's my sounding board, she talks me down on bad days (or at the very least is standing onthe cliff with me), she's my portrait appoinment buddy and my mall-walker buddy. She completely understands the solo-parenting thing. The boys have known each other since Kelton was 9 months old and Carson was 13 months. The girls were born a year apart. It feels like I've known Brenda and her family for ever. I just can't believe she is really moving away.

The Sacramento area is a very lucky area. They are gaining an amazing person and one of the best people I have ever been fortunate enough to call "friend".

I made this montage for Brenda. It's full of photos from the last four years. I hope you will take a minute to watch it.

And Brenda - I just don't know what to say. I suck at good-byes but you have to know by now how much you mean to me. I love ya, girl! Rock on.


7 comments:

momtothreeboys said...

Don't scare me like that! As I read the first couple of sentences I thought Dakota was leaving!!! Well, sorry your friend is moving but GLAD it's not your family moving apart! Great montage by the way - it sucks to have a great friend move but hopefully you'll both remain good long-distance friends!

Caroline said...

That was such a ncie tribute to your friend. Sorry that she is moving. I hate it when friends have to move away.

Dakota said...

Damnit! You made me cry again, and this was the second time seeing it. I'm sorry for you both, and for the boys. You must stay in touch with Brenda. I know the connection is important to you both. Brenda - we're ALL going to miss you!
-D

Anonymous said...

Casey, what am I going to do without you near-by? I'm going to be so lost...

The movers are loading the van as I type and yet I'm still in denial that I'm leaving!!!

I miss you already!!!!

PS: Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Anonymous said...

Geez...I'm so upset I couldn't even spell my name correctly!! :o)

Laura said...

Hugs to you!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

Well, sheesh! I don't even know Brenda and that montage still brought tears to my eyes. We'll take good care of her in Sacramento.