Saturday, January 30, 2010

Coats Coats and More Coats

There are a lot of coats in this house. We all have several and yet - everyone pretty much wears the same one or two. It's insane how full the hall coat closet it.

The coat I've been wearing on rainy days was desperately in need of washing so I tossed it in the washer and opened the closet to find another one that would work in the rain. Oh my gosh. Every single coat is so big on me now. In a couple of them I seriously felt like I was playing dress up. How did that happen? (yeah yeah.....I lost weight. I get that. But still!)

I finally found one that didn't hang weird on me and, as I was trying it on, I reached in to the pocket and found a very old binky that once belonged to Kaylen. I totally remembered this particular binky - it was one of her favorites. She stopped using binkies when she was 15 months old (she was never really much of a binky girl - just every now and then). Keep in mind the child turns 5 on February 10th.

Do you think that coat has seen the light of day in the past 3.5 years? Yeah - me either.

I really need to get a coat that fits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Sure wish I could say the same, lol.
Jennifer

Julie said...

How cool to have found Kaylen's old pacifier! What great memories that must have brought back.