Saturday, January 23, 2010

Comcast Dude Comment

Remember that post I did that highlighted my Thursday of having phone and computer problems? I don't know if many of you go back and read posted comments (I confess I rarely read posted comments to other people's blogs so I won't hold it against you if you don't read mine.) but a rep from Comcast found my blog and commented about how glad he was they could take care of the problem quickly and if I had any other problems to be sure to call the company and left contact information.

I thought it was cool. Do you think there are people out there who google for terms like "Comcast trouble" or something which then leads them to blogs to get a feel for how the community is viewing their company? (If they are that is kind of cool.) I guess I just might have a regular visitor who just happens to be a Comcast rep (though really? The likelihood of that is.......? Yeah - that's what I thought.).

Maybe I should try some experiments like blogging about needing to obtain an auto insurance quote and see if I have any insurance agents contacting me. In a weird sort of way, I can see that working for a company because you know bloggers, we talk about anything and everything and if we are happy about something, we let people know and if you aren't happy.....well that comes across as well. :)

2 comments:

Audra said...

That happened to me once too!!! A long time ago I blogged about how much I hated time warner cable, and how I wished there was a comcast in my area! LOL someone from comcast commented on it haha

Stacey said...

I think so because I had a similar experience when my blog was public. This company that makes a product I was complaining about sent me a new kit to fix the issue and it was awesome.