Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday

Sundays are hard days. They are long with seemingly no end in sight. It doesn't help that the day starts hours before the sun comes up and it probably really isn't helping that it's raining today or that we really have no where to go outside the house.

It's been a long day.

At 9 o'clock Kelton decided that he wanted to completely rearrange his bedroom which set off three hours worth of work for me. I h ave to say, these kids have waaaaaaay too much stuff and I am already having anxiety over their upcoming birthdays. Where on earth will more stuff fit?

We did purge a ton of books today which was good. My donation pile in the garage is enormous and I am very glad the truck is scheduled to be here tomorrow to pick up.

Since the room has been finished, it seems like all the kids do it A) fight with each other or B) demand my every second of attention. It's exhausting.

Here are pictures of the rearranged bedroom. Enjoy them - I'm sure tomorrow it will look like a cyclone went through there. :)


2 comments:

Mimi said...

The room is cute......and I agree that Sunday's are LONG...Especially in the winter!

Susanica said...

You know in Germany the person who is celebrating his or her birthday gives flowers. Maybe you could start a new birthday tradition whereby the kids donate lots of their gently used things to other kids who need them. Get rid of 10 things and replace it with one present or something like that. Our kids are small yet, but I can already see how we are going to have to do something like this before too long. Keep your spirits up Casey. Looks like things are pretty tough right now, but they will get better. -Monica