Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Feeling Stronger

I'm feeling a bit stronger over the past few days. I think the reduction in stress has been a good thing for me - well that and spending time with friends who make me laugh, listen to me vent and rant, sit quietly by when the tears roll down my face and who offer their time and their houses for me to be able to regroup.

Last night Dakota came over to spend time with the kids and I decided that I wanted to be somewhere else, so a friend graciously took me in. She has kids but since they aren't my kids I was able to just kick back and enjoy. The kids and I raced a box full of Hot Wheel cars down the hallway, I colored a picture, I watched cartwheels and I attempted to put together some Littlest Pet Shop toy (and failed miserably, I might add). The kids were all over me which was fun - I felt like royalty (and really great because when they called "MOM!" it wasn't for me. I didn't have to oversee bath time, or fuss at them for picking up their toys. I just got the fun part. :) )

I stayed gone until the kids were asleep and then came back. I know I can't hang out at my friends homes all the time but it sure was nice last night.

One bad thing though, as I gathered up my stuff to head home, I slipped my cell phone into my coat pocket. By the time I took it out in the car something bad had happened and it was flashing "Verizon Wireless". Nothing I tried seem to reset it. When I got home I showed Dakota and she was awesome. She tried all the tricks I had tried and then picked up her phone and called Verizon. She talked with them for a bit and we did various things with the phone but the upshot is, my phone is toast and needs to be replaced. It's three weeks old. :( So - that's on my To Do List for today for sure. It's amazing how fast I have become dependent on that thing to stay in touch with people which allows me to stay out of my own head.

So - all in all, I'm feeling stronger for today and that's all I can ask for.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

When I was going through my divorce my BAD time was after the kids went to bed and I was ALL alone in that house....then my mind would start to wonder hummm what is HE doing right now does he miss us? But like I have said trust me it too should pass.....

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're doing better. Sorry about your phone. Darn technology!

Lynilu said...

I'm glad you're reclaiming your life, and making decisions for what you need to feel better. You have more strength than you realize. Keep going upward and onward, Casey! :)

Stacey said...

happy to hear you're feeling stronger and that you have good friends around you. wish i lived closer.

Jen said...

I gave you a blog award, so that should just about fix everything. ;)