Friday, January 22, 2010

Well Crud

There I was sleeping away when I hear a small voice say "Mom? I can't sleep. Can I get up?" "What time is it, Kelton?" "3:30". "Ummm...no. It's too early. Let me move the dogs and you can crawl in with me."

He settled in and was snoozing quickly. I, on the other hand, was awake with no hope of going back to sleep. *sigh*

Soon enough another little voice called "Mom? Where are you?" so off I went into Kaylen's room to resettle her. Once she was sleeping again, I got up.

It's going to be a long day.

On the plus side: it's book fair time again at school and my first meeting is this afternoon. After that, Ingrid and I are off and running on the massive amount of planning it takes to bring this all together. At least this year we have some idea of what we are doing which is miles ahead of last year. We have one month to pull it together and run a successful event.

Another plus is (hopefully) today's weather will be as spectacular as yesterday's. It was almost spring like so when Kaylen and I went to the park with friends the park was full of moms and kids with the same idea; get out and run off the energy!


Kaylen and Colton . Kaylen loves to help others spin on the spin toys which is great because after a while Mommy gets a bit dizzy. :)


Kaylen spinning. Please notice her Punky Brewster outfit. Yes you see it correctly. A blue floral dress, black polka dot pants and brown leather boots. My daughter is nothing if not a fashionable child. *insert rolling eyes here* Her clothing choices are never, ever worth the battle so I just roll with it.


This is Caitlyn. She is my friend, Catrina's, daughter. (Colton is her son.) And can I just say how jealous I am that she will wear adorable outfits that...well...you know....go together? So jealous!


My little munchkin!


Caitlyn again. Let me tell you, I am waaaay out of practice getting cute kid shots when the kids are moving at the speed of light.


And this is David. He is my friend, Tina's, son. I actually really like this picture. LOVE the blue sky in the background. :)

Hmmm..I think that is all I have for this morning. At least so far. Yesterday was a day full of ups and downs for me and I'm really hoping today has more ups and than downs. Hey! I have an idea. House? Let's get along today and have nothing go amiss, ok? I really don't think I'm being unreasonable. I did, after all, give you plenty of attention yesterday. :)


3 comments:

Mimi said...

Now watch....when Kaylen is a teenager she will go nuts and have to have EVERYTHING match.....lol

Anonymous said...

Well trust me...We have our battles to get Miss Caitlyn to match. Her style comes from me making her match. :) And again, somedays not worth the battle while I'm getting ready for work. But seriously, you should see her when she returns from her dads. I have to be careful to not let the Fashion Police snatch her. :)

Catrina

Tanya said...

That was my guess, that mommy coordinates :) I just set two outfits out for J and he gets to pick which one to put on. If I let him choose the entire thing I would be waiting days. Maybe I'll try that this weekend to see what he chooses :)